Bruno Houdayer, 45 years old, French artist and photographer of the «Village d’Auteuil» based in Paris.
Bruno Houdayer is a french visual artist and creative designer. He has over 15 years of experience in the visual, design and creative fields.
After 7 years working as audiovisual projects manager in a Parisian agency, he started freelancing as a photographer and designer alongside Véronique Delacour (Alverone), a French creative designer in the luxury goods sector (event lighting and creation of photographic visuals, window displays, backdrops for events, etc). As assistant photographer to Jean-Charles Recht —a renowned, French photographerspecializing in perfume, cosmetics and beauty photography (Chanel, Dior, Yves Saint-Laurent, Armani)— he took a two-year Master Class in Studio Still-Life Photography in Paris. In the last 10 years he has been working as a professional photographer on commissionned works in the luxury, design & architecture fields.
Between 2009 and 2011, Bruno Houdayer lived in Catalunia // Barcelona, where he pursued his research into theme photography that led to his «ENERGIA, empremta i vibració de Catalunya» (ENERGY) exhibition.
One step between figurative and abstract photography, his pictorial vision shows a continuous research on light,textures, composition of the images, and approaches the energetic, colorful graphic vision of the self and the environment. During the realization of his images the artist wishes to share the emotional and visual feeling imprint: sharing of a bright colorful inner and outer peaceful universe.
¨My art’s goal is to offer peace and energy.¨ he says, ¨this is why I love to propose a performance around my work, to share the experience of a meditative and multi-sensorial journey with my viewers.¨ His designs stage subtle and minimalist environments with its vibrational representation.
Fascinated by nature and all its manifestations, the discovery of the works of Klein, Rothko and Kandinsky was undoubtedly some of the sources of energy nourishing his obsessive search for aesthetics and perfect geometries.
Beyond an aesthetic and a singular sensory experience, a real game is emerging; a field/off field, a presence/absence, a net/blur : all these photographs remind us of the subtlety and subjectivity of human perception. The author likes to recall, amused: « in my works the sharpness is beautiful and present. Optical focusing is done extremely precisely, in the foreground, certainly invisible to the naked eye : on the eyes of a face already far away or perhaps not yet present ...» And in this presence/absence comes the viewer observing this work, adding an extra dimension, transforming it into an “extra ordinary» multidimensional work.
2019 january «Voyage au coeur des Mains» - Vincennes Townhall
october 19-20-21 Art Shopping caroussel du Louvre Paris
october 2018 Paris Open Days exhibition at Seiziem’Art Association, Paris 16th district
‘‘Soft Summer’’ SOFITEL Paris la Défense until 31st of august 2018
- Open Days exhibition at Seiziem’Art Association, Paris 16th 2017
- october Salon de la Photo - invited artist & brand ambassador Chromaluxe Europe Paris
- october joint exhibition, PARISARTISTES#, with Townhall Paris - France
- october Open Days exhibition at Seiziem’Art Association, Paris 16th
- april collaborated exhibition ‘‘Portraits of Mudras»- MD Bleuler, Abbey St Jacut de la Mer
- joint exhibition, JANSEN Gallery, Paris - France
- joint exhibition at The Month of Photography, IZARTEA Gallery, Bayonne – France
- invited to a joint exhibition at European Heritage Days in Moulin de Montjeu - Autun / Bourgogne - France
- joint exhibition ’’VIBRATION’’with painter Ariel Rozowy, Mgallery Collection Hotel Molitor Paris
- exhibition & performance, VOZ ‘Galerie & Carré sur Seine, Courtyard MARRIOTT Hotel, Boulogne - France
- exhibition in the famous art institution ‘‘Le Hublot d’Ivry’’ (porthole of Ivry)
2013 group exhibition and revelation of the year with VOZ Gallery, and the town of Boulogne-Billancourt - 2012 the International Exhibition of Cultural Heritage - Carrousel du Louvre / Paris
2011 exhibition ‘‘ENERGY’’ Gallery Art Studio Concept, Bordeaux & Gallery Bokaz - Paris
2010 exhibition ‘‘Energy of the City of St Denis’’ with Dijana Melvan artist - Archaeological Unit of the City of Saint-Denis
Main Commissioned works / publications
- designed Limited edition for the french « Neyrat Umbrella » brand with Isabel Marin designer
- designed photographs for DTZ & AREA PROPERTY French headquarters - Paris - 2009-10
- designed several photographs for shop display Windows, Brands : Grand Marnier and Imperial Japonese luxury pastry Toraya, Alverone
- designed 2 Fine Art Books : ’’Les Jardins de Renaudie’’ & ’’Sculptures de Passage’’ with Djiana Melvan, Serbian Sculptor, Philanthropy Group DCF
- Designed cover for rock ‘n roll ’’Hunger band album Go Johnny Go’’
Awards : 2012 selected amongst the best 20 french photographers of ATELIER D’ART french fine art & craft magazine
Bruno Houdayer provides custom art consulting services to designers and architects.